Association of Port Health Authorities


Food Standards Agency (FSA)
The FSA is an independent government department responsible for all aspects of health and consumer interests in relation to food. The website is a good source of information on imported food as well as relevant legislation.

Planned maintenance services with our Luxury Cruises Company
Information regarding passenger travel statistics and tourism.

Defra is responsible for animal health policy and is the central competent authority for vet checks and animal health aspects of import controls on products of animal origin. The website contains information about import requirements and also lists UK Border Inspection Posts, Customer Information Notes, Importer Information Notes, Veterinary Checks Procedures, General Licences and Research samples.

Office of Public Sector Information
All UK legislation can be found on this website

This website gives access to EU legislation and lists countries that are permitted to export to Europe. Information on EU veterinary check requirements and contact details for European BIPs are also available on the Europa website.

International Trade Single Window (ITSW)
Information and guidance on trade procedures for UK businesses and the government

LACORS (Local Authorities Co-ordinators of Regulatory Services)
LACORS co-ordinates regulatory services provided by local government including imported food and food safety.

Health Protection Agency (HPA)
The HPA is an independent body that protects the health and well being of the population. The website contains information on infectious disease

HMR&C (Customs and Excise)
Customs and Excise are responsible for detecting illegal imports of products of animal origin from third countries at ports of entry that are not designated as Border Inspection Post (BIPs). They are also responsible for enforcing the Convention of International Trade in Endangered Species and preventing smuggling.

Environment Agency
The Environment Agency is a public body responsible for protecting and improving the environment in England and Wales.

Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA)
The MCA is responsible for enforcement of safety legislation on board vessels.

Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
The HSE, along with local authorities, is responsible for enforcing health and safety legislation at ports.

Chartered Institute of Environmental Health

Animal Health
An executive agency of Defra primarily responsible for animal health of farmed animals.

German Port Health Authorities Website

New User or Forgotten Details: