Our Aims & Objectives
The Association of Port Health Authorities vision is:
To be the lead agency in promoting port health in the UK by assisting our members in the provision of consistent, high quality services for the protection of public, animal and environmental health.
This vision will be achieved through the following aims and objectives:
- Promoting consistency amongst member authorities by developing policy, enforcement guidance, and identifying and disseminating good practice.
- Influencing central Government departments, Agencies and the European Commission regarding policy, legislation and enforcement.
- Supporting and promoting effective co-ordination, cooperation and collaborative arrangements between Local Authorities and Port Health Authorities.
- Developing effective partnership and collaborative working arrangements with key stakeholder organisations and relevant European and international agencies.
- Increasing capability of member authorities through the provision of training and information.
- Continuing to raise the profile of port health services with key stakeholders including local authorities, Government Departments and Agencies, European Commission, industry bodies and consumer organisations.
- Identifying and developing strategy and policy to tackle any emerging issues of port health significance.